For this reason, we recommend the following:
- Store and process platinum cured compounds in a separate room, well away from organic rubber compounds.
- Using the same mould for platinum curing silicone compounds and organic rubber is to be avoided.
- Roll mills, extruders and other processing machinery must always be thoroughly cleaned during change to platinum curing compounds, in order to prevent cross contamination.
- Latex gloves can also cause inhibition. We recommend using sulphur-free nitrile gloves instead.
- Avoid direct contact of uncured platinum curing compounds and uncured peroxide curing compounds.